We’re excited to officially announce the winners of the 8th Annual CLYNK for Schools Recycling Challenge! This year, 256 schools from all over Maine and New York recycled enough cans and bottles to raise a grand total of $42,617.86. Hannaford Supermarkets donated $21,309.35 in matching funds.
Check the Leaderboards here to see where your school placed!
• 1st $1,500 prize: Sebago Elementary School, Sebago ($2,142.90)
• 2nd $1,000 prize: Brunswick High School, Brunswick ($2,121.20)
• 3rd $500 prize: WG Mallett School, Farmington ($994.85) — This was a tough one to call, but it really came down to a community effort for our repeat 3rd place winners. Their fiery spirit and social presence is what gave them an edge against their competition. Well done!
• 1st $1,500 prize: Shenendehowa High School, Clifton Park ($2,655.65)
• 2nd $1,000 prize: Highland Elementary School, Highland ($1,869.95)
• 3rd $500 prize: Loudonville School, Loudonville ($1,556.45) — The Planet Protectors of Loudonville made huge strides over 2018 and 2019, and generated a metric ton of enthusiasm, which was impressive considering their relatively small size. They formulated a plan that involved community outreach and educatoin about recycling at the state level. Bravo!
A note about payouts: First ($1,500) and second ($1,000) prize are awarded per state to schools who made the most change. Third place ($500) is awarded per state to schools that put forth an extraordinary effort, as identified by CLYNK. Participating school organizations collectively raised containers that counted towards their school’s total funds raised. Organizations will receive the change that they raised plus the Hannaford Supermarkets $.50 match. The winning schools will receive the prize money.
CLYNK will be contacting winners to schedule a Recycling Challenge award presentation within two weeks (and we have something special in store). Congratulations, and thank you to everyone who participated in this great ‘collective’ effort” to improve the environment and make a change. We’re proud of you whether your school CLYNKed 20 cans or 20,000 containers.
School Social Media
We’ve written some brief “thank you” content for use on your social channels. Feel free to use or modify this copy however you’d like and include a picture of your school Challenge:
We’d like to extend our thanks to all the students, faculty, and families who donated their recyclables and/or volunteered their time for the 8th Annual CLYNK for Schools Recycling Challenge! The event was a great success, and we look forward to your continued enthusiasm for next year. In the meantime, keep CLYNKing those bottles and cans to make a positive change for [insert organization name here]!